3D models for sgi case??

willardorwud

May 8, 2020
So I'd like to 3D print a sgi case for a PC but I don't want to ruin an actual sgi machine so I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get some 3d models to 3D print one the models I am interested in is the Octane or the Tezro

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
I am not sure about the Octane, but I think some of the IRIX demos had an O2 case? It is worth a look, perhaps there may be an Octane model in there as well. I am sure others know more :)

I have not seen anything for the Tezro although @kaigan is interested in 3d printing replacement plastic skins for his.

kaigan

Jul 1, 2019
I've been working on a 3D printable Tezro top panel to replace the one my system is missing. It's been slow going and it's been a while since I've worked on the project at all. It seems that some of the original measurements I was provided may have been a little off, or maybe I just did some things wrong in Fusion 360. I'd bet on the latter, myself.

This is what I've managed to come up with so far:

t1.png

t2.png

I really need to get back to this and get it finished. Printing even small sections of it to test takes quite a while, though.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu