Search results

1. Elf

O2 R10k/R12k PCI TRAY (CAGE)

Asking around, @Unxmaal and @massiverobot have O2s that fit the bill. One of them might be able to help out :)
  2. Elf

Ah ok, sorry about that, I overlooked the distinction at first. Unfortunately I don't have any R10k/R12k O2s, but I think @CiaoTime does. I might see if he can post his up.
  3. Elf

Just to confirm, this is the piece you want? Let me know what scope of measurements you need. I don't mind doing it all but it may take a while given how many features are on it. :)
  4. Elf

What I've been up to

Just attaching some of the material @onre linked me on the subject. The most informative for the situation at hand, I think, is the ABI document.
  5. Elf

Sure, I can take a look tonight :)
  6. Elf

What I've been up to

Personally I have been enjoying this exercise because it has been "learn something new every day" about ELF (no pun intended). It is to the point where I am quite curious now and want to sit down with a reference text to understand what all the tables are for and how code relocation happens.
  7. Elf

About the User Group, and Guiding Principles

IRC users, just a heads up that we have transitioned off of #sgidev to #sgi on OFTC. Here is a list of all of our bridged channels: #sgi #sgi-hardware #sgi-irix #sgi-booterizer #sgi-pics #sgi-irix-porting #sgi-irix-packaging #sgi-vw
  8. Elf

SGI Indigo 2 Impact PSU repair

I'll just renumber quickly to match up with the SOT-23 package: Referring to the pin numbers above in the diagram (as distinct from the ones on your photo), basically what I see is: Pin 2 open to everywhere (like yours) -- and also appears to be unconnected on the circuit board, suggesting...
  9. Elf

SGI Resellers

Very nice to see you here! Welcome! :)
  10. Elf

Ugly Tezro power

I will compile my findings when complete, but just wanted to give one example of something I found today that makes SGI power supplies a little more unique than the average bear's ATX supply. One of the 5 pin connector control lines is .. and this took some reverse engineering and then a test...
  11. Elf

Ugly Tezro power

Yes, that has been one of my observations; unlike the Fuel with its L1 environmental monitoring, the Tezro does not strictly require the 5 pin control line to turn on, nor does the PSU appear to report fan speed back to the environmental sensors. One can disconnect it and just leave the "dumb"...
  12. Elf

Ugly Tezro power

Desoldered the controller board from the HV/LV board of the Tezro PSU. Yes, that is a PIC16 microcontroller at the heart of it (under the white sticker), and a 24C02 EEPROM on the back! As @Geoman pointed out, it looks like these units were customized for more than one application, and given...
  13. Elf

NTT Indy Mysteries

I remember that glitchy serial port well :) If you are ever in the area again, bring it by and we can troubleshoot it some!
  14. Elf

What I've been up to

I am continually impressed by what you manage to do on an SGI remotely! Very excellent work, and I can count at least a few supposedly "impossible" things on that list :)
  15. Elf

Ugly Tezro power

So while I had been having problems with the 1.8V regulator cutting out, now that I have had it under test for two days (including for almost 9 hours today) it has failed to reproduce the issue. My best guess is an old capacitor at the output of the 1.8V regulator that has livened up after some...
  16. Elf

Ugly Tezro power

Thanks! That is helpful information; it would appear then that the 5 pin control header is custom for SGI. Thank you! :) I have also been noticing that PSU fan speed; even more now that the PSU is running outside of the Tezro. A voltage on a control pin also appears to have the Tezro ramping...
  17. Elf

Ugly Tezro power

Monitoring the output of the 1.8V voltage regulator on the Tezro motherboard, which I have been having some problems with. Where does that wire go? 🎃 Of course, as soon as I start watching it, the problems go away...
  18. Elf

Tezro voltage regulators and rails

Located the source of 3.3V AUX power and added some updates via edit.
  19. Elf

DIDBS Eazy Build: atari800 Emulator in IRIX 6.5

Very nice, I will have to give that a try! Let me know how it goes with the joystick. I want to set one up for Descent myself, so if there isn't a good solution I may end up making that RS232 serial converter for joysticks.
  20. Elf

Ugly Tezro power

Interesting, even more 12V rails! Does it also have that small 5 pin (0.1" pin header) control cable? I can take a picture of the Tezro one if you need a reference, just curious if even the non-SGI ones have it.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu