Recent purchases

Northsky

Reindeer Whisperer
Feb 8, 2019
Let's start a thread for showing off recent purchases, be them related to SGIs or not!

I've been looking for a suitable stereo microscope for my home lab for quite some time now and finally found an interesting second hand set that would be suitable for electronics inspection and repair. In professional past, I've worked daily with stereo microscopes from the likes of Leica and Nikon, and working on electronics just has not felt the same for me without one. Stereo microscopes enable more precise work and reduce the shaking of the hands when soldering.

So, without further ado, here is my new microscope! A genuine Soviet import, MBS-10.
MBS10-1.png

Reactions: Elf

onre

SYS 64738
Feb 8, 2019
Toijala, Finland
Ahh nice! I'm not sure whether I've ever seen a LK201 with an actual gold key in person.

These things used to be found in peoples' closets, atop their bookshelves and wherever just a decade ago and now they're pretty rare.

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
Ahh nice! I'm not sure whether I've ever seen a LK201 with an actual gold key in person.

These things used to be found in peoples' closets, atop their bookshelves and wherever just a decade ago and now they're pretty rare.
Indeed, I certainly wasn't expecting it (expecting another one of the all-grey ones), but it just sort of showed up with the terminal!

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu