DEC Compaq HP PowerStorm 350 Graphics Card PBXGD-AE 3X-PBXGD-AE

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I just purchased this little monster for my AlphaStation (DEC Compaq HP PowerStorm 350 Graphic Card 54-25561-02 PBXGD-AE 3X-PBXGD-AE)!

This is a Pretty Rare card, as I've only ever seen ONE picture of one of these online!!!!!

It apparently has a much higher pixel fill rate than that of the 4D60T, which should allow it to achieve much better performance in Quake II!!!

The things I do for Quake!!!!!

So there's going to be a shootout between this little monster and the 4D60T!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrShuppet

stormy

Jun 23, 2019
Please, quake video when you can!! Wanna see the GL extensions support too! :D

Irinikus

Dec 16, 2019
South Africa
www.youtube.com
I received the card today and slotted it into the AlphaStation 255.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work properly, firstly the fan doesn't spin up, (However, there's allot of airflow over the card, when it's installed in this machine and the card isn't very high powered) So I could kind of live with this problem!!

I am able to install windows using the card and the card's bios does display just before the alphabets starts, but when I install the PowerStorm 350 driver and reboot the machine, the machine crashes completely as Windows starts to load!!!!!

So it appears that there's a problem with the card!!!!

Before I slotted it I took this little bit of footage, showing how it compares to the 4D60T, which I'v now installed back into the machine:

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu