Galileo drivers for Indigo2Video on R4K/Extreme running 6.2-with-R10K...

mapesdhs

Jul 23, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
www.sgidepot.co.uk
I want to get an Indigo2Video board working with "IRIX 6.2 with IMPACT 10000" on an R4K Indigo2 Extreme, but the old download matrix reference only has a driver file for the original March 1996 6.2 release (on my site's Depot Resources page it's called galileo_6.2.tar, obtained from the March 1996 "Unbundled Products" CD), not the later June 1996 IRIX 6.2 which includes R10K/IMPACT support.

Thus, does anyone by chance have a disc with the Galileo drivers for the later version of 6.2? Or know how to get it working? Was there ever an updated Unbundled CD?

I thought maybe one could use the delay_conflicts option in inst, install the older drivers, then install a relevant patch if there is one, but I'm wary of trying that since of course it's somewhat easier to break 6.2 with patches, though I checked and couldn't see any relevant patches on the Recommended/Required or Fix on Fail patch CDs.

Note I tested the I2V board with 6.5 and it does work ok (curiously the image quality from an IndyCam looks better than when connected to an Indy XL24).

Ian.

mapesdhs

Jul 23, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
www.sgidepot.co.uk
The graphics is Extreme, not IMPACT. The board shown in that image is different, it has three thin sockets for ribbon cables linking to the IMPACT gfx option, hence why it's normally referred to as Indigo2Video-for-IMPACT. The original version of the board only connects via the connector in the centre of the Extreme set (or of course XL, XZ or Elan), it looks like this:

indigofan

Jun 8, 2020
The graphics is Extreme, not IMPACT. The board shown in that image is different, it has three thin sockets for ribbon cables linking to the IMPACT gfx option, hence why it's normally referred to as Indigo2Video-for-IMPACT. The original version of the board only connects via the connector in the centre of the Extreme set (or of course XL, XZ or Elan), it looks like this:

I have a DAT with the old drivers as I had back in the day the same machine with the Galileo / Cosmo Compress video option with the break out box. I have been trying to get items off these old DATs that I have, if successful, I'll let you know and post the files.

Reactions: Elf

Elf

Storybook / Retired, ex-staff
Feb 4, 2019
Mountain West (US)
The graphics is Extreme, not IMPACT. The board shown in that image is different, it has three thin sockets for ribbon cables linking to the IMPACT gfx option, hence why it's normally referred to as Indigo2Video-for-IMPACT.
Ah got it, my apologies for the misunderstanding. Hopefully indigofan has some luck :)

indigofan

Jun 8, 2020

Do you have the Digital Media 3.0 CD? I believe this is the software to get it going.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu