Aussies here? 2 onyx 2's for $180 per in Australia

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
I got in touch with him this week but wanted $1500 for the other - and delivery was extra. Seeing as they're untested and unknown shape, and that he hasn't replied to me when I said I'd pay $500 + shipping, I take it my chances are slim now.

Last edited:

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
I supose? Perhaps they are just worried shipping them is a lot of work, or they wanted to keep the item for local pickup unless there was enough incentive for them? I even have a friend who moved close to Melbourne who could pick it up on the spot and store it so we could figure out shipping later. So I wouldn't have to even bother this guy for freight.

Last edited:

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
Seems like they're back up for sale! Sweet! i've been in touch with seller again. It seems the seller is just very uncomfortable with shipping them as they are not really sure about the process and the cost.

Reactions: siliboi

ghost180sx

Dec 13, 2019
The Great White North
I actually just won one of the two units. If i outbid someone, I'm sorry! I sniped it at the last minute to maximize my chances at winning and to prevent a nibbler from driving the price up. There is still one avail!

I'm up in Canada, on the prairies. I won it for a very fair amount, not free, not a lot, but for a very good price.

I'll be looking for any and all help to get it here. I hope to - like a lot of you - preserve it and enjoy it for years to come. I've always wanted one of these and I'm extremely excited.

Reactions: Jacques and siliboi

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu