Help need with install

jasmb570

Apr 8, 2020
Hi, yet another dumb question.

I have a legit install CD for Adobe Framemaker 5.5 for Unix.

I can browse the CD with "Removable Media Manager" in Irix 6.5 on my O2, but Software Manager says there are no installs on the CD. But I can see the install.tar on the CD.

What am i missing?

Thanks in advance.:)

flexion

Sep 23, 2020
Switzerland
The software manager app will usually look for a "dist" folder containing .sw, .idb etc files.
what's in the install.tar? I'd say you have to extract the tar file and there will be an installer to launch.

Reactions: Elf

indigofan

Jun 8, 2020
The software manager app will usually look for a "dist" folder containing .sw, .idb etc files.
what's in the install.tar? I'd say you have to extract the tar file and there will be an installer to launch.
I have the same CD, what you need to do is to copy the tar file to the disk, or extract it to the disk then run fminstall, haven't loaded it in a while, think that you can run the script from the CD.

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu