[SOLD] Charming INDY 4600PC, 100MHz

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
I'm look your video and this Indy works fast. Can you share how you config or optimize this IRIX 5.?
I see you have Alias3 ELF for install, most of us have Alias3 COFF, can you share this version of Alias3 for IRIX5 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: torebernhoft

torebernhoft

Jan 21, 2020
I'm look your video and this Indy works fast. Can you share how you config or optimize this IRIX 5.?
I see you have Alias3 ELF for install, most of us have Alias3 COFF, can you share this version of Alias3 for IRIX5 ?
Hi, it's utilizing the Indigo Magic at 100% for sure ;) Nothing special really, but a clean install of IRIX 5.3. What I have experienced earlier if an Indy feels sluggish is the need to swap out with a new disk. On the more powerful Indy's I have also used adapters to have newer and faster drives.

kikems

Jul 22, 2020
Spain
Hi, it's utilizing the Indigo Magic at 100% for sure ;) Nothing special really, but a clean install of IRIX 5.3. What I have experienced earlier if an Indy feels sluggish is the need to swap out with a new disk. On the more powerful Indy's I have also used adapters to have newer and faster drives.
I’m suppose all in efs format?

About us

• Silicon Graphics User Group (SGUG) is a community for users, developers, and admirers of Silicon Graphics (SGI) products. We aim to be a friendly hobbyist community for discussing all aspects of SGIs, including use, software development, the IRIX Operating System, and troubleshooting, as well as facilitating hardware exchange.

User Menu